By Kiply Lukan Yaworski
Photos by Jennifer Flasko
Bishop Mark Hagemoen joined the faith community of St. Front Parish in St. Front, SK, Nov. 5, 2023 to celebrate the Eucharist and offer special prayers to officially install Fr. John Ezeoruonye as pastor.
Previously, Ezeoruonye served as associate pastor in the Humboldt area, before being posted this summer as the new pastor of St. Front and sister parishes of St. George, Naicam; Christ the King, Rose Valley; St. Felix, Archerwill; and St. Laurence, Nobleville.
The installation prayers offer an opportunity to reflect prayerfully on the role of the pastor, highlighting the priest’s sacramental ministry through a series of prayers at different spots throughout the church building: the altar, the ambo, the tabernacle, the baptismal font, the confessional, the entrance of the church, and so on.
Bishop Hagemoen will install other new pastors in parishes across the diocese in the weeks ahead, as his schedule permits (see schedule, below).
“This isn’t a required ritual, but it is something that is an option, and we have chosen to do that because of its simple but rich symbolism about the relationship of the pastor — the priest — with the people of God,” explains Bishop Hagemoen.
Other pastor installations by Bishop Hagemoen:
- Fr. Greg Smith-Windsor – St. Aloysius Parish, Allan – Oct. 8, 2023 – LINK
- Fr. Santhosh Thekkekulam, VC– St. Mary Parish, Macklin – Oct. 21, 2023 – LINK
- Fr. Rinesh Menambadath Chacko, VC – St. James Parish, Wilkie – Oct. 21, 2023 – LINK
- Fr. Daniel Louh – St-Phillipe-Neri Parish, Vonda – Nov. 18, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- Fr. Paul Oshin – St. Peter Cathedral, Muenster – Nov. 19, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.
- Fr. Daniel Yasinski – Our Lady of Lourdes, Saskatoon – Nov. 26, 2023 at 10:30 a.m.
Kiply Lukan Yaworski is the communications coordinator for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon – rcdos.ca