By Kiply Lukan Yaworski, Catholic Saskatoon News
Photos by Adele Yanke
Bishop Mark Hagemoen joined the faith community of St. Aloysius Parish in Allan, SK, Oct. 8, 2023 to celebrate the Eucharist and offer special prayers to officially install Fr. Greg Smith-Windsor as pastor of the parishes at Allan, Colonsay, and Viscount, SK.
Ordained in 2015, Fr. Smith-Windsor previously served as pastor at parishes in Lanigan and LeRoy. He was appointed pastor of Allan, Colonsay, and Viscount, and associate pastor at Holy Spirit Parish in Saskatoon earlier this year.
The installation prayers offer an opportunity to reflect prayerfully on the role of the pastor, highlighting the priest’s sacramental ministry through a series of prayers at different spots throughout the church building: the altar, the ambo, the tabernacle, the baptismal font, the entrance of the church, and so on. Bishop Hagemoen plans to install other pastors in the diocese in the weeks ahead, as his schedule permits.
“This isn’t a required ritual, but it is something that is an option, and we have chosen to do that because of its simple but rich symbolism about the relationship of the pastor — the priest — with the people of God,” explains Bishop Hagemoen.
Other upcoming pastor installations with Bishop Hagemoen presiding:
- Fr. Santhosh Thekkekulam, VC– St. Mary Parish, Macklin – Oct. 21, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
- Fr. Rinesh Menambadath Chacko, VC – St. James Parish, Wilkie, Oct. 22, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.
- Fr. John Ezeoruonye – St. Front Parish, St. Front – Nov. 5, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.
- Fr. Daniel Louh – St-Phillipe-Neri Parish, Vonda – Nov. 18, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- Fr. Paul Oshin – St. Peter Cathedral, Muenster – Nov. 19, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.
- Fr. Daniel Yasinski – Our Lady of Lourdes, Saskatoon – Nov. 26, 2023 at 10:30 a.m.
Kiply Lukan Yaworski is the communications coordinator for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon – rcdos.ca